RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Longbaskt
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

Could it be that by having a National Flying site in D-10, the largest district of members, we could actually build it larger? That would be money well spent. How many in our district go to Muncie? How many would travel a shorter distance for more local competition? Perhaps having a well-advertised and local event would draw attention to our hobby. I don't see much coverage on Channel 2,5, or 7 news about what's happening in Muncie.

Perhaps it would seal the membership of those that are now members. Has anyone computed the turn-over ratio of our hobby? How many come for a year or so and then lose interest because of lack of local activities? I was at a club that rarely reached out. Now I'm at a very active and outgoing club... I never think about renewing my AMA now... before... it was a long consideration. BTW it's membership is #2 in the nation and we are always adding members. When you pile logs together the fire gets hotter! I volunteer, work at the field, and encourage others to come to our site.... what do most members do at their own clubs? If you're not personally pushing for more members and more events... the problem isn't with the AMA.. it's in your mirror. Get active in a vibrant club with open membership and dropping membership will be a thing of the past. (Sorry, I'll get off my soap-box now.)

We should focus on what we get....not just what it'll cost. I think the overall value will exceed the costs.

A West Coast site is EXACTLY what we should be focused on IMHO.