RCU Forums - View Single Post - EU1 A Production Pictures
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EU1 A Production Pictures

ORIGINAL: Deadstik

I have just weighed both the Aero Composites fuselage and the CCA fuselage. The CCA fuselage is 1.4 oz heavier... yes, I said heavier. WHY?? Simple answer. ALL of the CCA planes are painted with epoxy primer in the mold. That difference will most likely be sanded off. The CCA plane already has the joiner line filled. Another difference is that the CCA EU1 has carbon fiber reinforcement to make the sides and vertical stab stiffer. For those who really like exact measurements, the CCA EU1 is 705 grams vs the AC EU1 at 655 grams. Converted the CCA EU1 is 24.85 ozs. More coming...mid terms at the college this week so really pushed for time.

Dan

Dan Hines
Carolina Custom Aircraft
[email protected]
Thanks Dan!
I was hoping for the 5-6 oz lighter mentioned in an earlier post by you. Got the weight of the pipe tunnel and belly pan too? ANY idea when the kits will ship? December 2010? March 2011? How about setting a GOAL? Here on the "North Coast" flying season is rapidly coming to an end. MANY missed ship dates have come and gone. Over 2 years later with just the belly pan needing to be done does not instill alot of confidence in CCA being able to "make good" on the EU1A or any others you offer for sale.
Seems the ONLY progress you made was when another fella offered an EU1-A fuse for sale. I KNOW you have full time day job and family obligations like MOST of US who have a "cottage" internet business, BUT continuing to miss delivery dates by many months (years really) makes you look bad, don't you think? I was HOPING a bit of "neeedling" would move things along but it seems I was wrong.

Good luck with the much delayed EU1-A. I for one have to move on and decide on another classic aircraft to build over the winter as I simply can't depend on CCA to have their version (From the AC molds to boot!) ready any time soon. Especially now the weather is gonna get cold even in your neck of the woods and we all know how that affects epoxy curing.

Dave Rigotti
HobbyCNC.com