View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Price gouging

This deal with Hobbico is all going to work out, guys:

http://www.ttamerica.com/index.html

Hobbico is already working up a brand new Thunder Tiger website, that link above is already up at http://www.bestrc.com right now.

Hobbico looks like they're going to treat Thunder Tiger just like O.S. Max, Futaba, DLE, and a few of their other most-favored brands that they don't actually own outright.

You can complain about the pricing right now if you want, but I'd bet a whole six-pack of Coke Zero that it's either a database SNAFU due to all of the website changes, or they're simply trying to temporarily slow the outflow of product for some accounting reason while the deal gets worked out. Hobbico might be getting inventory credits for every engine they still have in stock at the end of September or something, so they don't want to dump engines and miss out on cash from Thunder Tiger or something. Who knows?

If Thunder Tiger engine pricing isn't back in line within a few weeks, we'll all know I was wrong. On the other hand, maybe Ace Hobby was trying to dump product at/near cost to try to keep their own operation going here in North America. Tower might simply be adjusting prices to what they ought to be, while keeping in mind that they offer a flat 20% discount to Super Saver Club members all year long. That puts the Pro .40 at $112.00 instead of $139.99, and if my choices are the TT Pro .40 for $112 or paying $99.99 for the Evolution .40NT, I'll take the Thunder Tiger every time.

Hobbico didn't make this deal to give away the product, but they're putting way too much work in to simply take Thunder Tiger products off the shelves. I keep seeing signs that this is going to be a really good deal for all of us, just be a little patient.