Thread: 160..
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:10 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 160..

Can I use a 7.2v NICAD/NIMH battery for the ECU? - YES

How do I reduce the engine acceleration time - If your ECU allows you to access the "ACCEL DELAY" parameter you can lower the number for faster acceleration or raise it for slower acceleration. Be careful, if you make it too fast it can sputter and flame out. Also that tendency can change with the weather. For best acceleration keep lowering the number until it just starts to sputter on a rapid acceleration from idle to WOT. Then set it 3-4 higher. During hot weather you may need to raise it more.

I hear fast spooling is inversely proportional with reliability. - Who told you that? Sounds like BS.

What type of glowplug? Same as any other turbine. MC-9 or Rossi Cold work well.

Finally, Is this engine identical to a Rhino? I have heard this but never verified it. - Close. It depends on which version you have. Basically the internals are the same. The Merlin had a machined compressor for quite some time, which is why it put out a couple more pounds of thrust. I believe the Rhino now comes with a machined compressor. The front cover, starter, and tailcones are different.

Who services these engines? - Dreamworks or Jets Munt in Spain.

Joe