RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything Radial Engines
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 10:14 PM
radial1951

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

Tom

Well done. I got a 325 earlier this year when they were on super special from AdvantageHobby. Plan to get it in the plane in the next couple of months. I was also thinking that the 450 would be a good thing for another project I have in mind. Well, if the others don't let us know, we should hear from you soon. That would be really good. Btw there is a big Corsair with a 450 on YouTube.

I agree, the Seidel looks good, but as well as your concerns, there were technical reasons that pushed me over to the Saito. Still, I haven't heard of any irate Seidel owners, and that's good too.

Regards RossG
radial1951

ORIGINAL: Tom in Cincy

I was wondering the same here. I have been following this thread for over a year now debating which radial would best suit me. I bought a 450r off RCU last week and should have it this Wednesday. Being rather pumped up by this purchase I'll be reporting back by the end of the week, if it runs, what it sounds like, and does it make any power. I own Saito 150's and a 180, so 3 Saito 150's hooked together has got to do something! I plan on fitting it into an ESM 85" Corsair. The Seidels look nice and are very popular since the Hobby King connection but the parts are a concern and Saito parts are available next day from Horizon Hobbles and thats important to me. Anyway, this Wed I should finally be an official member of the Round Engine Fraternity.

tp