RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver
Old 10-04-2010, 01:31 AM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver

Ok. just thought I would throw my 2 cents in here. No one who has posted here so far actually has one of these receivers but there sure seems to be some strong feelings against them. I ordered 2 of these back in the middle of the summer when they were first taking orders and was lucky enough to get them about 3-4 weeks ago when the first shipment came in. I am testing them in a 20 year old 5 foot "beater" plane. I have a half dozen flights on each of them now and they have performed flawlessly so far. I'm using a Futaba 6ex transmitter for testing and the bind process was a snap. The bind button is on top of the receiver. Since it is covered in a see thru plastic wrap it was easy to inspect the solder joints and they all look professionally done. No cold solder joints. FR-SKY, which have their name imprinted on the pc board have been making RC equipment for a few years now and seem to know what they are doing. Anyway, I range tested these receivers with the transmitter in power down mode at over 100 feet with no problem. I have repeatedly flown the plane to the outer edges of our clubs field (and to the outer edge of my eyesight) with nary a glitch. So all I can tell you at this point is that so far they work exactly like my full range Futaba receivers and I am becoming more comfortable with them. I will continue to test them and at some point in the future unless I experience a catastophic failure I'll be moving them to my bigger and more expensive planes. Futaba's and Spektrums pricing for full range receivers is ridiculous, and if I can find a reliable, robust and safe alternative in receivers at 1/3 the cost so that I can afford to change my entire fleet to 2.4 I will try them out. Btw, since I started flying almost 30 years ago I have always used an old plane to test any new radio eqiupment first before it went into my good stuff regardless of which big name brand company it came from.