RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale Fokker DR1
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/4 scale Fokker DR1

ORIGINAL: summerwind
well i have decided to buy both the GTM DR1 when available, and for now the B USA DR1.
the USA version will be a good bash and trainer for later down the road.
That's exactly the way I've been thinking! Just get that BUSA kit and build it fast and get it flying. Save the "anality" for the GTM kit. One thing I like about having one or two highly detailed builds going is that I can be more relaxed about other projects.

now the nice thing about this project is that the wife has become involved..........she literally goes nutz for Red 3 wingers.............
Just as long as she realized that you're NOT going to paint it red!

still trippin on the friggin wheels though
Just keep reminding yourself that the wheels are the very least of your worries in terms of "scale" on a BUSA kit. Just buy the wheels that are the best match for size and spend a day or two bashing the into something a bit better looking.

.....right down to the engine which is a toss up between the Zenoah G26 or the DLE 30.
The DLE 30 sure looks like good value for the money. Also I've heard people say that 1/4 scale triplanes benefit from a bit bigger engines that one would use, say, in a 1/4 scale Pup. But then I'm thinking of sticking a Seidel 7-70 in a 1/4 scale Pup so don't listen to me! [sm=bananahead.gif]