RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASM B-17G Flying Fortress ARF (120
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Speedracer2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASM B-17G Flying Fortress ARF (120

I saw the plane today.

This is not "Old ASM" this plane is SOLID. I was very pleased with the construction and the weight. The ABS plastic seems very tough and durable. It DOES NOT BEND AND FLEX like the old ASM planes. The inner skeleton is rigid and more than ample for everyday use. The wings and stabs are supurb. The finish is a overspray on the glossy finish of the film such as Monocoat that has a oxidized look and feel. The panel lines are somewhat poor but look like they can be fixed. There are a few places that need some type of modification for strength. The wing fairings for sure! The landing gear are very questionable. They look like ESM gear at a higher price. Fairly cheezy.

So the big question! Is the plane worth $1400 and the gear $500. Answer? No. The price needs dropped down and Im sure it will after the idiots, such as myself, have been filtered out. Yes, I bought the plane. Lets just say I have more $ than brains and call it a day. I did make the hobby shops day! They are great folks and it made me happy to support my LHS even tho I was getting robbed. I think the total as $2080.00 USD for the plane and the gear. I left the plane at the Hobby Shop and will be picking it up Friday. The box is about 5'X2'X1.5' just shy of fitting in the car I was driving. As with all my ARFs I will add my personal touches to make her last and look spectacular.

I think/hope its going to be a great plane! I'll fly this one while I build the WingSpan Models B-17 and take my time to do it right.

SR