View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 03:53 PM
sdavis9990

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Slope Soaring in NC

Sweet, my wife and I both Ride Bikes and she likes to watchus fly. I have just found a new Thermal site off Old Statesville Road North of Charlotte. Igot permission today to fly electric and gliders there anytime. How about a new Thermal Club as well? Sailplanes only!!

I have found several Slope sites up in VA off the parkway. One area that had great slopes with grass landing areas was up around MM 140 in VA. These face East and or West and there were several to pick from. I don't know to many in NC. One future site will be available in 4-5 years is the current Dump next to Lowes Motor Speedway. This is a dirt hill running N/ S for approx 1/4 mile and about 300 /400 ft high. Its all grass with no trees and although still in use, there is word of a park at some point in the future. Should be something like Mt. Trashmore in VA Beach.

I would like to start up a new Thermal Club here in Charlotte. Any takers, email me at [email protected] What would we need to do with the AMA to charter a new club?

Bikes:
Wifes Bike: Aprilia Pegaso 650
Mine: BMW GS Adventure

We ride anytime!!!! Can't figure out how to transport my sailplanes on my bike yet... Hmmmm need to build a new trailer to haul gliders.

Scott