RCU Forums - View Single Post - An open letter to Horizon Hobbies, Champaign Illinois
Old 10-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Nosedragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: An open letter to Horizon Hobbies, Champaign Illinois

ORIGINAL: apache 1

I have a deep respect for the members of the military based over seas.
However I don't feel that the pursuit of the rc hobby is apropriate for a soldier while stationed in an active duty situation for many obvious reasons.
I understand they miss their hobbies, but they likely miss their family, friends and a whole lot more. Unfortunately this is the life of a soldier. They can't be fettered with anything deemed unneccesary or troublesome. Something that uses radio frequencies,(military uses rc's of their own), makes noise, takes up space, has flamable components , attracts unwanted attention or distracts others from doing their jobs, I would think are all no no's in their situation.
They are best supported by the knowledge that we all want them back safe. I for one am getting tired of seeing their young faces in the paper. I don't have to read it anymore, I know what happened and it makes me upset.

Wow all I can say is wow. Talk about ignorant.
I have donated generously to supplying troops with all kinds of things to occupy their minds while off duty.The US military likes the stress relieving effect of books, music,hobbies etc