RCU Forums - View Single Post - PT109 Dumas
Thread: PT109 Dumas
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Saxondog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PT109 Dumas

I really like the hull work, I have two very old Dumas boats I picked up at a yard sale 10years ago and they both have pewter/metal fittings that were not the best quality, I do have two Lindberg 1/32 PT109's . One is built and the other still in the box, if you were to need some photos of fittings or pictures so you could make your own I would be willing to help out as your build is very interesting.

Also of note might be information you have but in Germantown Tennessee is the PT BOATMUSEUM, Not a big place and more geared toward the crews and their donations and contributions during the war, What they do have are excellent records of individual boats and their crews log books and personal writings of the war in the boats.

These guys were a tough bunch and do not alwaysreceivethe credit their due. http://www.ptboats.org/07-0-05-museum.html At the bottom of the page their is the contact information for the Germantown office, they are outside of Memphis,Tennessee and not far from my home. If you are researching an individual boat they will have the service information I'm sure.

Best of luck with your build, let me know if I can help as these are excellent boats, and I have considered building my other boat as anMediterraneansquadron boat. These were painted in some very interestingdisruptivepatternssimilartoAtlanticbase d warships.

Best Regards, Blake
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33900.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	1519224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71226.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1519225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12400.jpg
Views:	269