RCU Forums - View Single Post - Talladega days way off topic!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 AM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Talladega days way off topic!!!

The cost is variable to the number of laps. 20 laps is approx. $1300. 10 laps is $660. I started with ten in April then went back last weekend and did 20 more. AND I will go back for another 20 on my birthday, but I am only 2.5 hours away. Sounds like a lot of money, but you are using the track and their equipment plus the instructor. They have a fire truck and ambulance they have to pay for plus their crew. True if they wern't making money they wouldn't be there. These are retired race cars. No rev limiters. The power is unreal. You only shift getting out of the pits(they can work with you if you can't drive a stick shift), and all you need is a driver's license. Those instructors are the brave ones. They don't know who you are or if you can handle it, and they are going to get on the track with you. All they have is a kill switch. No brakes, no steering on their side except grabbing the wheel. I was doing 5500rpm at 170, and at the drivers meeting he said the redline is about 9000. They do different tracks around the country. Go to www.racingadventure.com