RCU Forums - View Single Post - hand launching gliders
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 10:58 AM
crash bandicoute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hand launching gliders

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

If you're in the hilly area of Washington then there is a functioning free flight group called SAM8 that operates out of Harts Lake Prairie just east of the Fort Lewis base on some military practice ground.
i'm stationed at McChord AFB, right beside Ft Lewis. (air Force, of course)the club i used to belong to and soon will be again is Mount Ranier RC Society. CONVENIENTLY, located near Hart's Lake road. that's awesome... not sure exactly where it is you're talking about, but if you have information on them or a number i could get ahold of someone, that would be great if you could PM me. i'm going to try looking it up online also. maybe i can find something, if it's an organized group.

i've watched quite a few videos also with the hand launching thing sometimes working , but only okay. nothing awesome like a high start. guess i'll be saving lunch money. which glider would anyone recommend for a first one. knowing how to fly is not an issue; i've been flying RC for a few years now. just the budget deal. she thinks i need to sell a couple planes before getting anything new.