RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL?

ORIGINAL: Sherv

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Traxxas is the Wal-Mart of the RC community. Crap loads of cheap of american designed, chinese made RC products sold for a low price point with tons of marketing that excites and convinces everyone to buy their products that are at best, decent as a jack of all trades and good at none of them with substandard product quality.
What are you talking about... More than half their models are over priced. Revo is OP in anyform nitro or electric/BL. The mini revo is nice tho.
I just find traxxas too expensive when I look at Associated, HPI, and other manufacturers.
ROFL I find all those guys overpriced, compared to Traxxas. At least, that is what it was 2-4 years ago for sure. Aside from the Revo, all their models were much cheaper than the other brands counter parts. A $170-$180 Rustler RTR compared to a $250 KIT for a T4 or $269 for an RTR. As a beginner and basher I found the prices to be too much for my budget, especially when I first started 7 years ago. It is only now that these high priced brands have come down or in some cases Traxxas products cost more, so it is a bit more level. Mostly I think the spamming of short course Slash competitors has caused the HPI / AE / Losis to bring their prices down as well. The Summit and Revo/ERevo are a bit over $100 more than I'm willing to pay, but I somehow have a Summit....(yah I just couldn't wait...). The HPI FLUX are overpriced, I'll say that. $600-$700 for a brushless truck, yah a bit OOO to the PPPPP. Oh wait, that's the same as the E-Revo Brushless. Nvm.