RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...

So, I got my Redcat Rampage MT v3 today and I wanted to do an ongoing, dynamic and honest review with and for you guys. The V3 is the latest iteration from Redcat Racing and has been updated by input from drivers and hobbyists. Many are unaware of the platform (as was I) and information is pretty sparse besides what you get from the resellers and manufacturer's website. So, let's talk about what you like, what I like, what you don't like and what I don't like. Some of the veteran's of this platform can give their experiences also and hopefully by the end we have a good amount of information on this platform.

Before I get into digging this monster out with you, I will say that my first impression after unpacking the truck and putting my hands on it is very positive. Let's continue.

Getting a box this big is always quite a surprise and it brightened up an otherwise boring Wednesday. I took the box to a place where I could unpack the contents in peace without a bunch of onlookers and gawkers.

Opening the box reveals a decal sheet, manual, optional tuned pipe, several boxes and the truck at the bottom. No fancy packaging, but that is perfectly ok with me.

I was PLEASANTLY surprised to see that Redcat included a failsafe unit. This was nowhere in the list of included pieces anywhere. I will still get a 3rd channel killswitch, but this is added insurance. You also see the manual on CD and a hard copy.

This is the optional tuned pipe. I got it free with my truck as a part of a current promotion.