RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...

even thought the bodies have been improved i don't think they know what real lexan is in China[] so don't count on it lasting too terribly long, drywall tape and shoogoo definitely helps. Something that is not in the sticky (well last time i looked on that forum...about 6mths ago) is the gear cover and melting of gears...with the cover on things get real hot in there and the white gears melt just the same as the black gears...2 options...get steel ones or you can run the plakky ones if you drill lots of tiny holes in the cover or more simply leave it off...i ran with no cover for a while without a problem.
for HPI adapters the vertigo 8mm extended ones are IMO the best, wider stance and same price as HPI stockers
and don't get too excited about 2 steering servos...just means you'll be replacing 2 instead of 1 when they crap out, though they do last longer than the th/br one...don't know if you've tried the electronics yet, the steering servos will sound like they're full of rocks but that's normal and DONT use the failsafe it'll cause more problems than it cures.

i think most of the V1 and V2's quirks have been addressed by HSP...I'm still yet to try a set of V3 diff cups but haven't heard anyone complain about them for a while...then again some forums are somewhat censored [X(] and rampages aren't too prevalent here or 5thscale. I'm sure any V3 owners here can update you on those.

so now go and get it mucky, and have some fun with it...it's hard not to