RCU Forums - View Single Post - Viper 2m or flash
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Viper 2m or flash

Can't speak for the Flash on a P-80SE but I can tell you it is no dog on a Jet Central Rabbit. The Rabbit is advertized as having 19 lbs of thrust. Mine is built pretty much stock but with a custom Tams pipe. I have been told the Rabbit is a pound lighter than the P-80 but can't confirm that. Mine came in right at 21 lbs. I fly out of a 400 foot paved strip also - with no trouble at all. Takeoff's can be performed in 125-150 foot on a 90 degree day and landings need less than 200 foot. I have never tried flying from grass but with the Dreamworks trailing link struts can't see that it would be a problem. Straight and level speed with the Rabbit has been radar'ed at 175-180 and punching the majic 199.99 is not much of a stretch if you come out of a shallow dive, not that I would ever do that! (Rules you know). The big block turbines probably have more vertical than I do, but mine will got straight up farther than I can see.

I like the looks of the Viper also and would think either the Flash or Viper would be a good choice.