RCU Forums - View Single Post - FOX COMPOSITES SABRE F86 for Wren 44 build thread
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FOX COMPOSITES SABRE F86 for Wren 44 build thread

ORIGINAL: Steve Haynes

Yes, putting gear doors on that model is a massive task and is not possible for the mains unless you want to source special reverse cylinder retract mains and oleos. I got mine from JHH and basically had to have them re-engineered as the tolorences and quality were terrible. I had just about given up with it until Chris (Mavpoint) in Chelmsford came to my rescue. To be honest, stick with the open well sport setup that is reccomended for the kit unless you enjoy lots of pain.

Dennis, remember to give me a nudge when you are going to fly that, love to see it go.

Hope you have finished that wing with the metal polish?
Steve havnt polished the wing yet but she is ready to go. I used the sequencer you gave me and it works very well. Fitted a new jettronics valve and managed to use one of the other valves you gave me and she is holding air so I am pleased with that. Set the sequencer to mode 2 so the doors go up once the gear is down. Might have to wait for a close cut field or maiden on tarmac as the fixed doors on the mains are close to the ground.

Just got to do an engine run/test and she should be good to go.

Do you have the spec etc of the green paint as there are the odd little bits to touch up

Many thanks for selling me the model you did an excellent job.

Best regards

Dennis