RCU Forums - View Single Post - What cars have you owned?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Yellow355F1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What cars have you owned?

So far, I have owned 34(Cars I actually drove) And, uncounted parts or Field cars(Smashed to death in a failed subdivision on the dirt roads). Lets see.. I have actually kept up with these cars, and have even have detailed info on how much was spent for on each car plus what I got back out of it. Anal huh? LOL All these in a time frame starting in around the summer of 1995- present. Started with...

1982 Mercury Capri RS/Flared fender Mustang: My brother bought a new Prelude and, gave me the keys to it and, that was my first car. Unfortunately I drove my Bro to an all night party so he could drink, and not worry about driving. Almost wonder if we would have been better off letting him do so?.. Anyway it was almost dawn as we left. I hadn't had my license long, and had been burning the midnight oil for a couple of days straight. I fell asleep, and centered a concrete guardrail. Dang near split it in half. My bro. came out fine. I had a badly broken shoulder, and a messed up knee....

1986 Honda Civic DX: Mom gave it to me after I recovered. She had bought another car because the head was cracked on it. I fixed it, and drove it a while.

1983 Buick SkyHawk 2dr: I traded the Civic for it, and boot after the clutch failed in it.

1988 Buick Regal

2 1983 Renault Fuego's 1 Turbo one Na car. FREE. Weird cars to say the least.

1984 Ford EXP

1979 Buick Lesabre: 55,000 original 1 owner miles. I owned the Regal, Fuego's, EXP, and this car all at once. Im working a good job now. My friend bought a Porsche 944/951 Turbo I drove it, and had to have one....

1986 Porsche 944S/951 Turbo: I sold all the other cars but, the Regal had to drive to work. And, bought this jewel with a few borrowed bucks of course. It had a fuel rail fire, and had minor damage. Fixed everything, and painted it. Man what a fun car...

1981 Porsche 911SC: Traded the 944 even, however it did need some work. after being restored got in trouble in it, and nearly lost my license due to speeding tickets.

1992 Chevy Beretta GTZ: Yep had to down size to a 4 banger to keep out of trouble. Atleast I made boot money.... Got T boned in it

1990 Mustang GT: Nope, I stayed out of trouble this time... I wound up losing my job and, had to sale I Still made money on that sale but, not much.

1984 S-10 really decked out for it's time. But, still out dated had that 80's theme going LOL. It got rear ended.

1988 Low mile 62,000 Formula Firebird in 98 still only 69,000 at time of sale.

1991 Geo Storm: to keep miles off the bird, and save gas driving to my new job. Wound up working at a New Pontiac, GMC, Olds, and Toyota dealership. Where a large number of the next cars will come from buying the trade ins at a good deal. LOL

1980 Trans AM with a 383 SB: No trouble in it, it was at the strip that I stretched it legs.

1994 Plymouth Duster: traded the tired Storm in for it.

1990 Plymouth Laser/Eclipse

By now I had sold the Pontiacs the Formula, and TA to the same guy. All I had was the duster at this point.

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT. In 99 had 85,000 on it. I STILL have this car to this day. With a swapped engine. It has a 3.4 Firebird engine in it now.

1998 Ford ZX2: Demo basically New. Traded the beaten Duster in for it.

1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible 6spd: I REALLY miss this one..... By the time I had this car 3 years. The events of 9/11 caused a rift that left me jobless, and well, It had to be sold.

1988 S-10: Was a nice truck just, not my vert.

1992 Dodge Shadow: Meh...

1994 Chrystler LHS 3.5: Good car but, to big for me.

1988 Honda Accord 3dr: Not bad atleast it was manual trans.

Now the fun starts to pick back up got a call back to work after a hiatus of nearly 2 years jobless....

1988 Fiero Formula 5spd: Was a fun ride.

2000 Merc Cougar MTX:

2002 Mustang GT:

2007 Monte Carlo SS 5.3 V8: New 52 miles at purchase. It was great while I was working close to home. But, I changed jobs, and found out that it wasn't that great on gas driving in the stop, and go traffic.

1986 S-10: Bought to tow my SeaDoo. Wasn't long till they were both sold in one deal.

1985 Fiero GT: I traded this one only recently for a Mustang vert.

2009.5 Pontiac G6: Had 2.3 miles at the time of the test drive. Bought it Aug 18, 09. This car has however met a sad end. Sep. 2, 2010 it burned and, I had to watch unable to stop it... I was at a place me, and friends go to run RC's. I was running my MGT, and getting ready to fly my Blade CP. Luckily you can walk away, and not worry about things going missing. The Heli was outside on the ground. The chargers I use clip onto the battery so, no contest there. But, I did have my cellphone charging and, it started in the interior cabin. So, I can't speculate on what happened. I happened to crash my MGT, while turning it over I saw smoke coming from where it was parked. By the time a ran to the nearest house for help. It was trashed. Had 4,023 on the odo as OnStar sent the monthly diagnostic report that morning. The cellphone was an older model Razor V3i. Never cared for these newer phones..... Still don't. Anyway

1986 Mustang convertible LX 5.0: I got this one before the unpleasantness of the G6 loss. Fun car though.

1995 Thunder bird LX 4.6: While I still have the Fiero GT, and Mustang. The Mustang's top is shot at this moment. New one on order. the Fiero has had a hydraulic clutch issue, and only just now found the culprit. So, the T-bird will pick up the slack for now.

I am now on the hunt for a slick WS6 TA 6spd...

Wow, this really wound up being long winded.

{EDIT} For typos and punctuation