RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pitts Special, 1/3 scale questions? Need Help!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 AM
autotecart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pitts Special, 1/3 scale questions? Need Help!

Hi Avio maybe I can help you out here

I am a graphic designer and in my spare time create custom graphics to go on all my models, I strip them, re-monokote them and re-create custom graphics of replica planes that appear in full scale. I am in the process of creating a Kirby chambliss Red Bull Edge 540 I have done a Castrol Edge 540 and a great planes 1/3 scale Adidas/Coke sponsored Pitts Special which looks amazing!!. Planning custom graphics like this for me is pretty straight forward as all I do is take images of each part of the plane, put them on the computer enlarge them to the actual size of the plane in reality, create a outline plan of the actual plane at full size in illustrator and then create the graphics that I am looking to do for that particular plane to the size and layout of the schematic in question.

Its a lengthy process but I know that when the vinyl or images comes back from the shop they are the exact size that I want and its just a case of applying them accordingly. If you want me to make up some graphics for you based on any plane that you have seen just let me know

tony
[email protected]

www.autotecart.com