RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 PM
zedad71
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

@ I Like Bipes
Can I share a different perspective for you please if you will indulge me,,
I fly control line stunt. My plane I built for competition last year is a classic legal plane called "Avenger" I drew the plans,, reworked structure,, and technique while remaining true to the aerodynamics. I built it, convered it, and painted it and now fly it,, I have over 80 hours in the plans,, I have aproaching 400 hours in building and finish. I LOVe to build and paint. My other passion currently is pylon racing,, I fly a design I designed and build, Last year I lost 4 of my Mongooses racing, had to build new ones... I have another stunter in process to build over the winter. I flew a Kaos 40 for the first time here about a month ago and FINALLY I found an airplane that I enjoy sport flying. So I am looking to fly something like this for my weekend plane,, I dont have time to build from the first stick of wood, My time is dedicated for building to my competition airplanes already,, I remeber reading about pattern and seeing the airplanes, the Mach One, Dirty birdy, EU1, all of them, when I couldnt even afford to fly control line,, just buy magazines and drool. So now, I can fly them, but I dont have time to build from scratch, so ,, should I give up my competitions stuff, or should I buy and ARF like the new Pheonix 7 so I can enjoy these great airplanes,, well maybe I can save some time by getting a glass fuse,, and foam wing, then I can spend the time finishing it. We all gotta be aware of the fact, we all have different priorities. There are still a LOT of people that build. In the club here, we have two families with teenage kids that fly,, but better, they are building too! I did a demo on covering with iron on film last night at our meeting, I had their attention for over an hour while I covered part of my wing,, its still there, but the people doing it are doing it because the want to, instead of because its the only way to get a plane, like it was when we were kids,,
its all good,, all of it, the new Pheonix 7 ARF will make more people aware of these great airplanes that have never been exposed, that can only be good,, I want to see more of them,,
I would try to attach a pict of my Avenger so you can see what I am talking about,not sure I can see how to do that though,, Thanks for indulging my ramblings,, its all meant in a positive way,,
Mark Scarborough,