RCU Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated Triton Owner
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 11:25 PM
acroguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated Triton Owner

I have many different brands of chargers and the Triton charger, on paper, sounds like a charger that would do it all. I liked the fact that the Triton gave me a reading of what was taken out of the pack and what went in. My problem is I have not been able to get the Triton to fully charge my NiMH batteries. I have tried to charge 4 & 5 cell, 2150 & 2700 NiMH batteries and have never had an indication of a fully charged battery. If I charge any of my batteries on my "Sirius" Limited Edition dual charger, I get 95 to 105% capacity when I discharge on the Triton at C/5. When I then try to charge these batteries after a discharge cycle on the Triton, it shuts off at a false peak around 20 to 30% capacity. I have the max charge greater than the rated capacity, timer set to 999 minutes, peak sensitivity now at 10mv/cell, ignore false peaks for 15 minutes, charge rate from 1.0 to 2.0 amps, definatly on the NiMH setting, Triton running on a 15 amp regulated power supply.
I sent the first Triton back to GP due to the above problem and they sent me a new unit. The new unit is acting exactly the same and the original unit. I can't believe the 8 packs or so I am trying to charge are the problem. Is there a setting I am missing or is the Triton the problem?