RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP T-6 Texan II Assembly and Flight Video
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM
k_sonn
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP T-6 Texan II Assembly and Flight Video

ORIGINAL: rcmigpilot

Three things that were wrong with mine:
1. Had two right exhaust stacks. Email to KMP solved that one.
2. Elevator hinge pattern was a bit too close together. The elevators fit the stabs perfectly while off the plane, but when the stabs were mounted, they spread out a bit and the hinges no longer fit. Had to open up the hinge holes about a 1/16" to the outside and used gorilla glue to fill the void.
3. Flaps were beveled on the wrong side. I could get 70 degrees of throw up but only about 20 degrees down. In order to get enough throw I would have had to have a 1/2" gap. Since I didn't want to spend all the time it would have taken to fix them glued in the up position and just installed them with dowels instead of hinges.

Mine will be done this week and fly next weekend. Also, just in case you need some, the blue is a perfect match for Testors Blue Angel Blue.
Thanks for the info. I did notice the leading edge of the flap had the incorrect shape for center hinging. I fixed this is issue by removing a small amount of covering and sanding the leading edge to the proper shape. Thanks for the tip on the paint. I will need some to cover the newly sanded leading edge.

Good luck on your maiden. Looking forward to hearing the flight report.

Kirk