RCU Forums - View Single Post - Seniorita ARFs in Stock With Nitroplane
Old 11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seniorita ARFs in Stock With Nitroplane

Anybody have any idea what is going on here? We do know objectively that Sig has had the Seniorita "temporarily out of stock" for many months now. Nitromodels sold some with the SIG name scratched off the box. Best story had it Sig had refused to pay for this batch. Sig said there was a quality problem and factory said there was a Sig not paying for the deal problem.

Now they are selling a second batch. From what I can see the box this time is new without Sig on it anywhere. Also they show a set of decals that appears new without the Sig name. Appears that whatever Asian factory that did the first batch did another for Nitro with new boxes and decals, more of a custom job. Price remained at $79.50 rather than Sig's quoted $202.

This raises concerns on my part whether Sig is still a functional entity with any future prospects. Also raises questions about Sig's pricing since Nitromodels is obviously making a profit selling $122 below list. What is the usual markup on these things? They can buy wood and goodies in bulk and what do they pay their people, maybe twenty cents an hour?

Enquiring minds want to know. Anybody have any info, thoughts?

Tom