RCU Forums - View Single Post - Optima Rx's and cold weather problems
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Brendan Lugo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optima Rx's and cold weather problems

ORIGINAL: flyingtomg

Did you have Aurora and that third RX working together the previous evening or at any time after the last flights of the two models which had lost their link? perhaps link was changed then which is why the others did not work at the field.

No, that plane hasn't been flown in a month or so. The two I took to the field fly almost every weekend.

As for the switching of modes, I honestly don't even know how to do that. I read about it in the manual once and promptly forgot it as something I'd probably never need.

Thanks,
flyingtomg
A common issue I have come across is when you go to the power down mode to range check, if you hold the link button a little too long to enter this mode, you will change from normal to scan mode. So it's fairly easy to do and not realize you have done it.

So take one of those Rx and bind it and then put it in your fridge (40 degrees) over night. Then see if works without rebinding or? If it is ok, put it in your freezer overnight and repeat the test. Report the results!
If you do this put the receiver in a plastic bag to keep moisture out of it. If the freezer is used it only needs to be in there for an hour or so to reach minimum temp.