RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS J3 Cub (my 2nd Cub!) with slight improvements!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:33 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: GWS J3 Cub (my 2nd Cub!) with slight improvements!

Reporting that the model has flown over 6 flights since the last report to make it a total of 8 flights on it now and never has it disappointed me in the least as it has flown with the GWS IPS power system that came in the box (5.86:1 ratio) and I am still flying it with the 2-Cell, 800mAH, Li-POLYs.

Just this past Saturday morning and most especially early evening I flew the model for a whopper of 22 minutes in a cool and glow-like BLUE sky over Orlando, Florida park known as BLUE JACKET where it was home to the NAVAL Training facility and made into a park and community area known as Baldwin Park. I was amazed how Dead Calm it was that early evening during Sunset as I flew the model right next to Baldwin Lake and no breeze was coming from the lake. I believe the J3 Cub was the last model to land right before Sunset!

Now, tonight I will be bending a light small diameter wire to make the main gear wire stronger and not allow it to flex so much and planning on installing the Wheel Skirts / Pants.

Having lots of fun with this model.

Carlos[8D]