RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Tiger Tails????
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The Tiger Tails????

ORIGINAL: Ilikebipes
I really wish SOMEONE would get the video camera out and capture these guys on video. I wish RCU would send someone out to interview and video people like Ron Chidgey in their element- Really make a production out of it.

Video them from the flightline, while using the transmitter, capture the aircraft, delve into the airplane, maybe even it's construction. We have so much available to us, but it seems so far away from places like Minnesota. Maybe this could make it more real to my friends. Inspiration- and good for the economy- get people building and partcipating more in these events. At least in my area.

Scott- Maybe the CPA could do something like this- or even someone from the SPA. Heck, both!

Brian

(Maybe this should be the topic of it's own thread. Sorry from deviating so far from my original intent!)
Brian,

an excellent idea - as a video professional, one which I've been thinking about for some time. My concept is a little more comprehensive including building techniques and mastery from some of the greats. We already have 3 or 4 production companies documenting the "big" events; what we don't have is intimate interviews as well as good edited video showing some of the tips and tricks as well as tried and trusted building techniques. The difficulty is with respect to funding. Not insurmountable but tricky. Speaking of which, if anyone has any good ideas or sources on that front, please do let me know.

I'd love to find someone in my field who shares an interest in the same concept - the classics and our profession.

David.