RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pearl Harbor
Thread: Pearl Harbor
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Chip_Mull
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pearl Harbor

Flak, please thank your sons for me personally. It's an all volunteer military now days and they didn't have to serve and we all appreciate that. When I left Viet Nam there was steel wire over the windows of the bus that transported us to Ton Son Nut airbase. It was there to keep hand grenades from crashing through the windows. When I arrived back in the states, there was steel wire over the windows of the bus that transported us to the Presideo in San Francisco. That steel wire was to keep the rocks and tomatoes from crashing through the windows from the protesters. I volunteered and was proud to do it but it was a strange dichotomy between the buses and the protesters. I had gone from carrying bleeding bodies in my Huey and washing the blood off the floor to watching a tomato smash into the bus and run down the window. Similar but different.

I appreciate their service but I don't appreciate the emails that demand "If you support our troops please forward this". As if there is someone out there that don't appreciate what they are doing. I personally have never run across anyone that doesn't support our troops and I don't forward an email that demands I do it or I am not patriotic.

Your family has a strong military background that you and your sons can be very very proud of.

Thank you for sharing.