RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA ceiling on R/C
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA ceiling on R/C

ORIGINAL: daleflysrc

OH YES !!! It is enforcable !! Ever heard of a Mode C transponder !! We fought against them in the 90s when I was in the EAA and the local chapter prez. I am sure with todays technology they could produce one small and light enuf for models !! and the FAA forced mode C down our throats even if your plane did not have an electrical system !!
What Isaid was:
"A 400 foot celiing is simply unrealistic, and is also unenforceable with RC flying as we know it today."

"AS WE KNOW ITTODAY".

If we are ever forced to carry an altitude reporting telemetry device in every model, which Ihighly doubt will really happen, that would be a significant factor in causing the demise of the hobby. I'll go back to flying control line before Isubmit to that.

Here's the thing - write your Representatives in Congress. You know, the new ones that start work in a few weeks from now. Let them know how you feel about this. The AMAcan only do some much. It takes strength in numbers to make a difference. Make your voices heard! Your freedoms are being stolen from you, and your only real option is to make your voice heard with letters and phone calls to Washington.