RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

lol, so putting baja tires on it will make it one???...if you buy an MT in the first place surely it's because you wanted an MT and not an MT with little wheels on it may have well just bought the TT then
If you want more get up and go I'd suggest a race ported or full mod 30.5 and a good pipe; comparing it to the 5T isn't really a good idea...as said in the previous post they're 2 totally different classes...the hpi's are rocket ships in a straight line so expecting 38lb of MT with a mediocre engine to go as fast is hoping a bit...
Comparing it to a 5T is perfectly legitimate. They are both 1/5 scale platforms and they are both trucks. The tire diameters are close. A 1/10, 1/18 or 1/8 scale 2x4 truck is pretty comparable to a 1/10, 1/18 or 1/8 scale 4x4 truck in terms of acceleration and speed even though the 4x4s typically weigh 20-30% more. They aren't orders of magnitude different. I did expect the Rampage MT to be in the ballpark of the 5T in terms of acceleration and speed, at least within 10-20%. That isn't an unrealistic assumption without knowing anything else about the platform.

Plus, this is my review and it is good to let other potential buyers know what they may expect.

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

and wow you run with a pretty uppity crowd if you're not welcome with a clone, do you have to go thru park ferme as well to make sure you don't have any cloned parts[X(] so much for 1/5scale camaraderie
HPI is a local company for me and sponsors many of the local events I participate in. So, it is frowned upon to bring a cloned 5B or 5T to an HPI sponsored event but it's not like they have a tech inspection to confirm originality or anything.