RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Aircraft are you installing your DLE20
Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 AM
repinfl
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Aircraft are you installing your DLE20

Mounted one on a Hangar9 Ultra Stick Lite 120 w/xoar 18x8. I used the recomended Dubro motor mount(DUBG1307).
No Cowl on this plane so I mounded the engine upright and had no problem with throttle linkage & the choke
is available for "finger" operation. I did reinforce the firewall and installed the ignition module & batteries
in the "tank area" and the tank on the CG. My other USL 120 has an OS 120. When I tried to purchase another USL 120
discovered that Hangar9 stopped production BUT upon checking for PARTS I was able to purchase everything
needed, fuse, tail, wing & landing gear all except hardware and at 72 yrs young and 50+ yrs in the hobby/sport
I have enough "hardware" to finish MANY planes! Sorry, no report on preformance yet as the weather has been to
cold & Windy for these old bones. The plane did need a tad (hope all know what a tad is) of tail weight. Did not
weigh the lead but it was a tad, couple of sq. of that stickon weights. (screwed them in place) Sorry for rambling
on so but I am getting Cabin Fever this Winter. Heck, it is not even winter yet!