RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 9 and opti kill
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 04:19 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 and opti kill

ORIGINAL: bemeson Can someone tell me how to hook up the opti kill on this radio. I have done the following:
Connected battery to lead on EMS switch
Connected lead out of switch to opti kill
Lead from opti kill to ignition.
Assigned channel 8 on my Aurora 9 channel reciever as the port
Assigned "F" on the radio as on/off switch
In EPA put the values to max
Placed long opti kill lead into reciever port 8 on the reciever
I can not get the LED to light. I know the battery is good cause I checked the voltage. The battery is a 2 cell life 1700 Mah. Switch is good cause I checked it.
Oh yea I checked to see if the radio program is good by hooking up a servo to check. It worked.
What is the deal. All help is appreciated.
No previous reported problem nor any known local users with a "Opti Kill" with which to test.
1. Function working can be verified in Monitor screen as well as with a servo. Should be no need to extend EPA., perhaps that has exceeded parameter of units design as reported with some JR/Spektrum servos.
2. Downloaded instruction manual, copy attached. First thought is that the plug into the RXsocket is upside down -Black should lineup with Blackof Hitec leads.- refer page 2&3 of attached sheet.
Otherwise, similar problems/results reported with other brand TX may assist.
Help with Opti Kill Switch 9C
Help with Opti Kill Switch 7C

Otherwise, please refer direct to the owner, Ken Anderson , of "42 Percent Products Opti-Kill" .
[Hitec RCD cannot assure compatibility with non-Hitec equipment.
There's just too much of it out there for them all to betested.
It's also not Hitec's responsibility to insure such compatibility.
The maker of the non-Hitec equipment must make sure their items are compatible if they are making such a claim.
Many times, non-Hitec equipment is used with Hitec equipment even when no claims of compatibility are made by the maker of the non-Hitec equipment, yet the modeler expects universal compatibility.]

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Nl28629.pdf (57.5 KB, 48 views)