RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is There anything diffrent in the losi 8 RTR and the roller besides RTR?
Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is There anything diffrent in the losi 8 RTR and the roller besides RTR?

If I were you I would look on eBay or here on rcu. In a race roller you get the option of choosing your radio equipment, engine, and pipe. To say that a race roller is cheaper than an rtr is really in the eye of the beholder. There are soooo many options out there. My pesonal experience is that I bought an 8ight-t roller for $225. I was able to find my dream engine ( an os 28xz ) used for $100 with an os 2060 pipe. I then bought a decent steering servo and a nice starter box that totaled about $150. I have been using a radio and reciever from my revo, I plan to upgrade.

Long story short. I was able to get the truggy I wanted with all the upgrades I wanted for far less than an rtr. It's no $800 2.0 but it's sure one fun fast truggy. I would look at used if you really know what you want. You can save cash and use what you save to upgrade.

That's my opinion.