RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...
Old 12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Rampage MT V3- Let's review UPDATE: 2/24/11...gone...

ORIGINAL: franzcars

would you recommend this as a first 1/5th? i wouldnt mind getting servos but all the other stuff. and how long did it take for u to get it? cuz im guessing that would be a good estimate for time to get parts
You don't need all of the other stuff. That is just optional stuff that I added prematurely because I wanted to. You definitely need a steering servo, that is not optional unfortunately.

When the Rampages are in stock (and I don't think they are in stock right now), they usually drop ship out of Redcat's HQ in AZ. So, you can see what UPS Ground delivery time is from AZ. There are a ton of Redcat resellers out there and some can disappoint you. Here are some things I learned about Redcat resellers. 1) They are all basically price fixed so they can't undercut one another 2) Some resellers offer different incentives (pipes, metal gears, spare body); get the metal gears- their stock tuned pipe sucks and the bodies cannot withstand a reasonable amount of abuse. Some are much more knowledgeable than others about Redcat products.

If I am being honest here (and I have no affiliation with any reseller at all), I would recommend using Rob @ Rampagehopups.com. He lives within driving distance of Redcat's factory and is very clear and honest about inventory and product challenges.