RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant scale setup w/SD10G and 10CH RX
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 08:05 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant scale setup w/SD10G and 10CH RX

OK, sorry it has taken so long to get back to this, but like I said in an above post the weather this fall here in Southern Indiana has been Southern California like. Well, it is now gone and we are back inside, glad to have gotten some outdoor projects completed. I left off at the initial programming of the radio in its' "system" menu. Truly I have covered the entire items I would do to run a competition IMAC plane. I now move to the "F-Mode" or flight mode menu and begin to arrange things to my liking. I go right into the D/R function and switch positions 10/11/12 as my dual rate (in actuallity it is triple rates) and I give my highest rates to position 10 and run Ail/Elev/Rud to the % for high 3D throws. Do the same for switch pos 11 and 12, with 12 being my low rates and typically what I fly IMAC sequences. Now, you could set these to other switches. However, my first radio with triple rate ability was the Stylus and I have used this same switch for years and it just feels comfortable. If you want to proceed my way, you will want to go back into your system menu, switch assign function and set Fmode 3 to "on" and Fmode 1 to 11, Fmode 2 to 12, then your EL-D/R2 will be 11 and EL-D/R3 is 12 then set your ailerons and rudder R2's to 11 and R3's to 12 on those. Now check your plane and see if when the 10/11/12 switch is performing correctly.
Jeff