RCU Forums - View Single Post - You Can Win First Place at a Warbird Rally With An ARF? Really?
Old 12-25-2010, 10:15 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: You Can Win First Place at a Warbird Rally With An ARF? Really?

I have to agree that the ARF world has moved into scale meets like it has, but it was just a matter of time before it did. I am a kit builder and I just love a scale meet with the static judging. It has always been a good time to speak with master builders and find out how they did certain things on the model and to admire their work. All meets were set up in 2 parts and if your static scores were not that good you could make up for it in flight or if you could not fly that well, static scores could help you out. Now the trend is turning away from craftsmanship and flying to just flying, which as I said was bound to happen. The industry is now turning out some good looking ARFs and as they say they are time savers. I still attend the fun scale meets where ARFs are everywhere, but I still bring one of my own built models and while I may not win the meet, I can still relish in the good time that I had building the model before the meet. Now if the day comes an ARF win's Top Gun, I will truly be saddened as Top Gun is one of the premiere events that is still a scale event, but it seems destined to happen. As they say progress is catching up to us weather we like it or not. Good Luck, Dave