RCU Forums - View Single Post - You Can Win First Place at a Warbird Rally With An ARF? Really?
Old 12-25-2010, 04:26 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: You Can Win First Place at a Warbird Rally With An ARF? Really?

As I stated in my first post , the battle seems to end in the same way and its not good for the hobby . I dont agree that an arf added with servos and motor should win a contest , but that is a poor contest board , not the fault of the entry model or trend in arfs , please remember the focus .
This hobby has more drama then a womens tea party , you have builders , bashers , arfs , foam , non foam , gas guys , eletric guys , glow guys ect , and God forbid you stray into a conversation on one subject that you are not an expert at but just want to learn , you stand the chance of getting based , really its silly and I only see it this hobby and many times just on this particulat website .
This hobby is for all aspect , as stated I have seen some arfs bashed into fine scale models , tons of work , so much so that its a wonder they just did not build it from scratch .
If you build a plane from plans and buy a fiberglass fuse is that cheating lol , is Goose Hanger 9 bash not scale building lol , remember the Luke Zolner bashes and Hal Humphrey bashed on the CMP Hellcat ? Look at post on RCU when this subject comes up , we use God , hate , stop ect , come on guys , its a hobby lets all enjoy it .
If we have a problem with the way a contest is judged stay on the focus of the contest , again not the trend or the person enteriing .
You know if you look around you will see that this hobby is thriving but guess what , not at the RC Club level , its guys flying planes all over the place , small helcopters , foamys , park flyers , ect is that because we are all too judgemental at the club ??? seriuosly open your mind , the industry and hobby is changeing its just fact and many of the changes are
good .
Do you know the best place to buy kits today and its realy sad ??? Estate sales or ebay from someone who picked them up at an estate sales , you know why ?? The poor guy
simply did not have the time to build every kit he accumlated , he ran out of time , like all of us

As far as Yellow Aircraft is concern , I understand your post and think your making sence and I also agree that your planes are kits , but someone will always argue depending on if they grow there own balsa , harvest the crop ect , remember someone will always one up you , Yelllow kits are first class examples if how far prefab excellance can come and help a good builder , build a master piece