RCU Forums - View Single Post - Careers? what do you all do for work?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 05:40 PM
ovationdave
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Careers? what do you all do for work?

LOL.......this is an interesting thread.

First, a couple of thoughts:

1st - I have to recognize and appreciate anyone in the services....and thank you for your service. I am very thankful to all of them.

2nd - I am envious of those who are machinists, I guess because I wish I was better in that area than I am. Even thought I have a small metal lathe, multiple welders, and wish for a milling machine one day, I feel like a hack. I would really like to be better at machining.

I work for GM. I know, some will flame me because of the bail-out thing, but I like my job. I am a support person in the Product Design area, and I support CAD users and teach workshops and deal with standards and process development (that is, how we use CAD, organize data, best modeling practice, and how we use the software, beta testing, etc..).

I like working for GM. I like my job, and consider myself lucky to be part of what I feel is a positive turn-around. Regardless of what others think. I have never seen my company so serious about getting the job done. Its kind of refreshing, even though some things are not what I agree with.......

Interesting thread!

Dave