RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix flight sim installation on an apple IMAC
Old 12-26-2010, 02:55 PM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phoenix flight sim installation on an apple IMAC

Hello all,

I just got the Phoenix flight sim for Christmas and from what I could tell it is the only sim which is compatible with an IMAC computer. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience using it on an IMAC; I insert the CD and nothing happens and unfortunately the instructions than came with the software are next to useless if you have a MAC. The system does not appear to recognize the .exe files either so I have no idea of what to do. Any suggestions?

The computer is pretty new and it is running version 10.6 MAC OS, I believe that it is called "snow leopard". From what I can tell, it seems to me that I should be running booting up the machine as a Windows machine using Bootcamp but I have not idea of how to do that or if I am even correct in thinking so.

Thanks,

Teo

PS We got this IMAC simply because of the virus issues we have had with other PC computers, but to tell you the truth, I find most of the apple stuff a pain in the neck to use. Not as intuituitive as I thought it would be. At any rate I will probably get flamed for saying such things, but keep in mind that I am frustrated with the silly thing right now.