RCU Forums - View Single Post - new castle creation neu 1406 4 pole 35/50 motors
Old 12-28-2010, 06:52 AM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new castle creation neu 1406 4 pole 35/50 motors

I was running a mamba max pro/novak ballistic 10.5T/4200kv motor in a firestorm. The difference between this setup and a mamba max/CMS36 4600 motor setup in a very similar firestorm was night and day. The sensored motor was a complete dog compared to the castle. Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubi1U7hFxjA

I bought a CMS 4600 and the 4-pole 4600 for the firestorm and am going to figure out what to do for gearing yet. I am a power nut and always run 3s.

I don't know what to run in the blitz yet or how to gear it. It had the above mentioned setup in it but the motor died (bad end bell electronics) and now an LRP vector X-11 motor is in it for now. I am thinking of running one of the 4600s in it and gearing it short. Its too cold outside to figure out which motor to use and what gearing to run now.

The sct setups seem pretty tame to me and I can see why the lower kv is needed for the heavier trucks. I want to find a better balance of rpm and power with the firestorm which is why I ended up with the 4600.