RCU Forums - View Single Post - new castle creation neu 1406 4 pole 35/50 motors
Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new castle creation neu 1406 4 pole 35/50 motors

I use that calculator often. Unfortunately motor temperature is another factor that is less predictable and too variable on the conditions. For the firestorm with the original castle/novak setup I had a feeling for how the gearing effected temperatures under the conditions I run and the calculator gave great complementary information when making gearing decisions.

I've changed my motors in the blitz and FS and the heavy blitz is throwing me off. I need to get a feel for temperatures and gearing again. My initial thought is that the SCT systems are really set for a 30-45mph truck that is manageable and strong but not excessive. Maybe I should think of the blitz as something that needs to be smooth and manageable. For the FS I am interested in crazy power even though I plan on not using it much. The idea is to have it on hand if needed with the castle link and if I run a hot motor pulled back a lot temperatures won't be a problem. I want a firestorm that goes 50-60mph and will wheelie on command at all speeds and have as much power as I can handle without it being a liability.

I guess we'll see and the only way to answer this is to get driving when the weather gets warm and start playing around. Thanks for the information. I would be interested in seeing how a 4-pole 4600 compares to the SCT 3800. Is there a difference other than the number of windings between a 4-pole 4600 and SCT 4-pole 3800? Did they just make a new line of 4-pole motors and decide to call the lower kv one(s) SCT?