RCU Forums - View Single Post - Imperial vs Metric
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Imperial vs Metric

ORIGINAL: vasek

Thanks EJ, that's the kind of info i'm after!

I do have the option to order balsa from the UK (that should be Imperial) but i'll try the metric stuff first.

I'm looking to get a Super Kaos shortkit:
http://www.eurekaaircraft.com/plan_kits/kaos.htm

BTW don't worry about Zor. He's kind of a RCU clown... a annoying clown to be precise

Vasek,

The supplier of the Super Kaos shortkit being in the USA would likely cut the notches in imperial dimensions (inches and not milimeters) .

You are of course free to "try the metric stuff first for the stringers since it seem tomakebetter sense to you.I suggested some solutions to the poor loose fit thus existing (created).

We do not all think the sameway. Some fellows hereare "annoying clowns" ..... remember ?,

You arealso free in the event of having metric notches, to get the nextlarger imperial dimensionstringers since the imperial dimension stringers arealready larger then the metric notches would be. That did not come as a suggestion from the clown ..... remember ?

You are also free to do things the way it makes sense to you.

I still do not think that the same material of the same dimensions could be or would be labelled in inches somewhere and in metric somewhere else.

My good sense is likely to be different then yours.
Iwould not have considered asking the question.
Of course "clowns" do not have the same good thinking.

Enjoy your project and put the clowns on "ignore" if they do not make sense to you.

Zor