RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW DLE 30 isn't getting fuel!!?? WONT START
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NEW DLE 30 isn't getting fuel!!?? WONT START

Where you obtain a DLE is pretty near as important as the buying price. Purchased from the right places the engines are checked prior to shipment, assuring ease of use once received.

To blame an engine (or carb) for doing what any engine or carb will do when left on the shelf too long, isn't quite right. Yes, the OP's rant statement was mitigated somewhat in the next sentence, but it still indicated an understanding and recognition problem.

The part that really irked me wasn't with the OP, it was with the person that said Jody wasn't being fair. When someone spends a couple of years building up product reliably and service policies in order to develop a customer base, only to have mega distributors come in an undercut him after all the work was done is not fair. Expecting the dealer that did all the legwork to provide help and advice to people that don't support his business is unfair. Wanting someone to work for free is unfair. If you buy from one place, but expect another place to do all the support for free is a form of theft. That too is unfair. Some in here have called it capitalism.

What seems to be considered fair and acceptable is for people to expect something for nothing.

So in this cae the OP has one or more problems. Incorrect plumbing termination points, incorrectly installed plumbing with loose connections, a dry pump membrane, incorrectly plumbed fuel tank, a line blockage, a stuck metering needle. All of which were attributed to a defective engine in the original post. All of that again supports my statement of it being a gas newbie problem, not necessarily an engine defect. The only thing known is that the engine runs when it receives fuel, as established by the squirt and flip method. The next step of the trouble shooting process is to determine why gas is not being drawn into the carb. A problem which is not limited to the carb itself.