RCU Forums - View Single Post - **Official Yokomo Touring Car Thread**
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **Official Yokomo Touring Car Thread**

ORIGINAL: ScottKelly911

Congratulations on doing so well. Good luck in ur point series. Keep us updated how you do each week. I'm rooting for you. I think these cars are still capable of doing well with a good drive. It's great to see that the technology is standing up after all these years. Where are you getting parts for yours? I've got the exact same car and I've got a bent front dogbone and was wondering where to get new ones or even get some cvd' for it. Also, my belt probably could use replacement, do you know a belt that'll fit it? I have a Novak GTB 3.5 Velociti combo in mine and I've got some reedy Saddle pack Lipos for it. I'm yet to run it in that configuration but I've I've been wanting to get it up and going. I'm a little bit afraid that it might tear up the gears with all that power. I'm also having trouble finding a place to mount the esc and receiver since the lipos take up so much space.
Im searching the net,
Here's an older post with a gearing chart and other info.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...omo-yr4m2.html

And here's another about the car's history.
http://www.rcracing.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=846

Also Im pretty sure TA05 Tamiya pulleys fit this car but you have to have the bigger size diff balls to fit
as the stock size of the diff balls are the exact same size as associated Diff Balls, but still unsure about the belt.
If we had dimensions I bet we can come up with a solution. Im confident that Tamiya belts should also
fit the car, but still im not 100% sure.[&o]

Also I use assocaited spur gears you have to cut a little off in the center and drill 2 holes for the screw placement
and AE spur gears will fit. There is many, many spur gear choices, you can even run a kimbourgh if you want to.
Im running a 19 tooth pinion with 78 tooth spur gear with my 8.5 system.