RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Tiger Tails????
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:15 AM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Tiger Tails????

ORIGINAL: rv7driver

Hook, using fiberglass on the wing and tail is definitely make's it more durable you don't have to re-due it!. as far as the carbon/balsa servo plates I have done it a few times I use thin CA and sandwich them let dry and cut out. it works great very light.Please post more pic's when you can. I hope to see you in April, have back surgery the 18th of Jan. so it will be a few months recovering, will have my Atlanta 60 there. Cheers, Pete
What aboutthe thickness ofthe balsa plies Pete? Two plies of 1/16, 1/32? I take it the carbon is the meat, do you soak it with the CA or dab it around? Any specifics on type of carbon (weave etc) and best place to buy it? Sorry, should have been more specific about that. I happened to get some Rhom-Airs off of De bay (came with extra set a mains too!) so I fitted those in place of the mechanicals, wing servos fitted, tank floor is in, elevator and aileron push-rods made, and the control surfaces are fitted. Undecided on pull-pull rudder or not. Pretty sure I'll glass, fill, prmer, and paint, but that won't be until March. Will try to take some pics this weekend with her on gear.

I'm planning on going in April, if the III is not ready I'll just bring the ole' Kaos and the ole' Tiger Tail I (though it hasn't flown in awhile). Thanks.

hook