RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servo "wobble"
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 AM
D.L.R.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo "wobble"

Have had a wing and complete horizontal/vertical stabilizer lying around for a few years and decided to connect them and at least try to come up with a functional and fun plane to fly, not concerned about appearance, just want it to be fun. Finished it up last nite and almost happy with it, looks a bit like a REAL Ugly Stik. Airfoil parts are from a Telemaster 40 and has flaps. a couple days ago I hooked up the Rx to the battery and checked out all movements, reversed, set EPA, HI/LO throws etc. Everything worked fine. Last nite after weighing (6.5 lbs.) and balancing, I double checked throws etc. everything ok BUT for some reason when the ailerons come back to neutral they wobble, it's not a sharp movement, looks like if you were flying the plane would wave at you, really weird. The ONLY thing I did between the first (everything worked fine) and second time (ailerons wobble) was charge the batteries (which I then checked voltage under load). Radio is a well used Futaba T6EXA with S3004 servos. The receiver is not the original (came with with a cheapy 4 channel Futaba I bought a couple years ago), 4channel Tx, 8 channel Rx 127 something, not handy to check right now.
Any ideas as to what happened ????
Thanks, Dan