RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions
Old 01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions

Aero

Thanks for the note!

I have got rid of my red spinner and have a tru trun (it's gotta look right!!)

Ijust wieghed mine out and it was jsut at 11 Lbs - so it weighs a lot! Also I just checked my CG for the first time and with my lipos way back it is still nose heavy without the cowl and prop on.

So Iwould be interested in how much your weighs and how it flys with the CG at 70 mm back from the wing tips (about 90 mm at the fusealge. (Where is yours??))

Also with the wing load being so high, Iassume this will be landed at a fast speed - no floating in!

Itoo would love to know what motor you are running (i am running a Power 90 with 8 cell 5000 lipos - which add to my weight

My retracts have taken a little work to get wrking smoothly, but Ithink Igot them right. Did you use the stock hardware that came with the plane?? Particulary the connectors that are used to connect the retracts to the servo wheel. (or did you use something like these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXK103&P=SM??

Ihave locktited the crap out of the supply connector screws (they are very small screws)

My star and Bar issue was fixed my covering my red and blue with a little white ultracote, so it looks pretty good!

One last question what are static wicks? Ithink it is the nylon connectors used connect the control surfaces the to clevis??

thanks - I am really looking to fly this bad boy!