RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Patty Wagstaff - Building & Flying
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Kirk RC
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Patty Wagstaff - Building & Flying

I bought my Patty last Nov. and just started putting it together. Its a first production run with paper tubes, off color canopy etc. The wing tube took 2-3 hours to sand for acceptable fit. I have a Moki 2.1 thats installed with a bisson smoke muffler with a TME smoke pump "Old Version". I will use Hitec 5645MG digital servos all around except the throttle. I also have a MPI Miracle switch that I will use with a SR 2800 6 volt battery, this will keep the voltage constant to my Futaba receiver under heavy loads so it doesn't lock-up which has been a problem with 4.8 volt batteries.

I also thought the tail wheel set up was poor so I have a Tatone leafspring set up that is spring attached to the tail. I using the supplied control horns but using aftermkt heavy duty clevis and captive ball links on to metal servo arms.

I decided to go with the CA hinges but cut them 2"x 1.25" and sealed the hinge gap with monocoat.

For the wheel pants I used the same set up that was in the March 03 edition of M.A.N. I used the same procedure on my Ohio Cap 232 and it makes a big difference in the life of the pants. Lastly I have vinyl graphics that will replace those included in the kit.

Heres some help I could use,

1) Has anyone with the Moki 2.1 upgraded the tank and if so what type/size ?
2) How is the plane balancing with the Moki ?
3) How is the supplied spinner holding up /

Thanks for any and all help.
Kirk RC