RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Patty Wagstaff - Building & Flying
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Mr_Scale
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Patty Wagstaff - Building & Flying

Kirk, our planes are set up very similarly. I have a Moki 1.8 in mine. I would have loved to go gas, but simply did not have the cash at the time. I too have a very early kit and spent a lot of time getting a good fit to the wing tube. To answer your questions: 1) I am using the supplied fuel tank and keeping my flights around 7 minutes and have fuel to spare. Your 2.1 will probably consume more fuel, but I have seen in the other big post that the guys with using 2.1's are also using the stock tank. I have worked out a way to add an additional 6 ounce tank next to the firewall but have not done that yet. 2) With the equipment moved as far forward as possible and using only one rudder servo, I got the plane to balance. That included rubber banding the smoke tank, old style TME and battery pack stacked together and as far forward as possible as well. That assembly sits side to side directly behind the fuel tank. I also have a McDaniel's on board glow system with a 1200 mah pack that is also as far forward as I could find a place to stuff it. The on board glow unit is nylon tie wrapped to the servo tray. 3) I am still using the original supplied spinner and have no problems with it. It is a bit of a nuisance when you have to take the prop off, but other than that, it is fine. I certainly don't see a need to go out and drop another chunk of money for a different spinner. I used Radio South CA hinges with no problems there as well. This Extra is a super flying plane and has been a real joy.