RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shorts Tucano T1-120
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 AM
baldwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shorts Tucano T1-120

You got the color i was trying to get, but i ended up with the green one.
I Have the manual. If you wish, i can scan and mail it to you.
You are right with the washer plastic rubbery things it`s to reduce vibrations (if it works. i don`t know, but i used them)
In my kit i tried to bend some of the yellowish white plastic parts and as i was afraid of, they snapped much too easily /even the front landing gear plastic part snapped between four fingers (i would check this). The fuel tube also vent in the bin. Too stiff and more like plastic than silicone.
Also check the quality of the plastic wheel well covers. Mine started to crack already when i unpacked them. To fill the openings (make walls) for the already made holes for the well covers with balsa to make your own wells is a easy fix.
I think some of the dowels is intended for the machine gun pods and the fins under the horizontal stabilizer.
I made a floor inside the canopy and used a piano wire from the inside through the floor across both sides. Bended the wire as a hook underneath the floor and attached two rubber bands in the wingtube. the hooks attaches to the rubber band. Four dowels through the floor sides and into the airframe.
This way i can hide everything inside the fuselage under the canopy with easy access to air fill, batteries, fueling and so on.